Saturday, 30 August 2014
One of his favourite outfits was his Baby Cthulhu costume, and that became the inspiration for this little guy. It was a tag team effort by me, Lin, Jessica and Nicole. I did the framework for the head, arms and legs.
These pictures show an almost-finished lantern. Unfortunately I do not have a photo of the final lantern, with wings of green bubble wrap and yellow and red eyes. This lantern was given to Andrew's family.
Saturday, 23 August 2014
Interesting to see me loosening up.
|With Photoshop manipulation|
The bottom two skulls represent my first attempt, sans reference book. I ran a 'cutout' filter in Photoshop to achieve the bottom image.
Tuesday, 5 August 2014
For some reason I started to incorporate anatomical imagery and that's what makes it so creepy. I had no idea where this was going to go. I was really reminded of how stuck-in-a-rut I can get, and how freeing this was. Freeing, and scary. I need to remember that feeling and help my students embrace it in their work too.